A smartwatch is a mobile device with a touch screen display worn on the wrist. They are generally linked to smartphones thus eliminating the need to whip out your phone every time you get a notification. Smart watches are becoming increasingly popular among teens today. They are more than a watch since it can be used for fitness tracking, GPS tracking and also to make and receive calls They come at different models and prices depending on the features. Below are different smartwatches suitable for teenagers.
We have updated our list of Best Smartwatch for Texting April, 2020We monthly buy products and test all the Smartwatch brands. During the last 12 months, a couple of Top smartwatch brands on the list have lost their position. We have updated our list of Best Smartwatch for Texting for April, 2020, Please have a look. If you are looking for the Best Smartwatches for Teenagers or kids then you may have a look into this article Best Smartwatches for Teens and smartwatches for kids before buying a good and suitable smartwatch.
- List of The 10 Best Smartwatches for Teens
- 1. Pebble Time – Best Smartwatch for Teens
- 2. Vtech Kidizoom – Best Smartwatch with camera for Teenage Girls
- 3. Vtech Star Wars – Best Kids Smartwatch
- 4. Garmin Vivifit JR2 - Best Smartwatch for Kids
- 5. Huami Amazfit Bip – Best Smartwatch for Teenager 2020
- 6. Kurio Watch 2.0 – Best Smartwatch for Teens
- 7. tencent kids smartwatch – Kids Smart watch Phone
- 8. Leapfrog Leapband – Best Smartwatch for Teenager
- 9. Greasmart – Best Smartwatch For Teens on a Tight Budget
- 10. Amazing for Less – Best Smartwatch for 10 year old Kids
- Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Smartwatch for Teenagers
List of The 10 Best Smartwatches for Teens
1. Pebble Time – Best Smartwatch for Teens
This watch is well designed for teens due to its simplistic nature of interface and durable build display. It has a marine grade bezel and is water resistant. It has an inbuilt microphone which allows for notification alerts, quick replies, and voice notes. It also has a calendar, discreet alarms, and events. Pebble time has the Pebble App store which allows you to download over a thousand games, applications and watch faces. Pebble Time smart watch also has a pretty good battery life which can last up to seven days. This feature sets it aside from many smartwatches and makes it a preferable choice to many teenagers. Pebble time is available in Amazon for about USD 79.75-80 and has a four-star rating.
- Water resistant
- Long battery life that can last up to seven days
- Pebble App store which has over a thousand apps and games
- Pebble health-This is an activity and sleep tracker which has many insights.
- LED Display
- Not suitable for very young teens
- Slightly expensive when on a budget
Verdict On Pebble Time
This watch is very suitable for teens because of its many features and battery life.
2. Vtech Kidizoom – Best Smartwatch with camera for Teenage Girls
This watch is not only a smart device but also a digital camera with a front-facing selfie camera and a side facing the camera for action shots. It has a pedometer to count steps and even parental control features which enable parents to limit playtime and content. VTECH KIDIZOOM Smartwatch Dx2 has inbuilt games including reality monster catching game and a motion sensor. It can be charged using Micro USB cable which can also be used to download games and watch faces. It is slash proof and sweats proof but should not be submerged. It is available in smart watch Amazon and costs about USD 59.99.
- Fancy designs making is attractive to young teens
- Full parental control which enables the parent to monitor content
- Inbuilt games and activities
- Camera and video recording ability
- Learning lodge with lots of content
- Clock, stopwatch, and calendar
- Appeals mostly to young teens
- Not fully waterproof and should not be submerged
Verdict On Vtech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2
This watch is very suitable for kids and young teens.
3. Vtech Star Wars – Best Kids Smartwatch
This watch is recommendable for Star war fans because of its exclusive activities including blasting through the asteroids and racing with BB-8. Vtech Kids smartwatch has a camera and a touch screen. It has a voice recorder that can record your voice and use the voice changer to make it sound like an alien or Star war characters. Photos can also be edited to have star war themes. This watch also has a Star war sound effects app. Apart from the app, it also has an alarm, stopwatch, calendar, pedometer, and a calculator. It is available in Amazon at about USD 48.40
- Only suitable for Star war fans due to its dominant features
- Suitable for very young teens and kids
- Not so long battery life
Verdict On Vtech Star Wars Watch Stormtrooper
This watch appeals to young teens and kids, especially that who are the fan of Star war. Its colorful look also makes it suitable for younger teens.
4. Garmin Vivifit JR2 - Best Smartwatch for Kids
It is the best-themed kid’s fitness and activity tracker. They come in different themes featuring cartoons or movie including Disney princesses and Spiderman among others. It is decorated uniquely and also has specific apps. Garmin Vivifit JR2 watch is fitness based and thus makes fitness fun for kids through the use of apps and games. This makes kids love to be outside playing as opposed to watching television.
The parent can also schedule chores from their smartphones which send alerts to the smartwatches reminding the kids of what needs to be done. This watch is available in Amazon at about USD 79.98.
- Fully waterproof
- Themed activities
- No charging-has one-year battery life
- Reminder alerts and alarms
- Parental personal assistant and app
- 60 minutes of activity rewards
- A bit expensive compared to other brands
- Theme specific
Verdict On Garmin Vivifit JR2 – Best Smartwatch for Kids
This watch is not suitable for a person on a tight budget since its a bit expensive. It is recommendable for kids and young teens due to its unique features of cartoons and Disney land princesses.
5. Huami Amazfit Bip – Best Smartwatch for Teenager 2020
This watch is one of the best for teenagers. It’s available in Amazon at a very competitive price of around USD 79.98. This watch has features like GPS and heart rate monitoring which is found only in bigger and expensive brands. This allows for things like sleep quality, steps, distance and calories burned to be measured. It has a range of colors to choose from. This watch has an LCD touch screen which is very clear and precise. It also boasts of a fantastic battery life that lasts up to thirty days with a single charge. It has a Bluetooth connection which allows for alerts of messages, calls and social media activity.
This watch uses tough and durable gorilla glass which makes its highly scratch resistant.
- Durable and resistant (scratch proof)
- Enables activity tracking like sleep, sports, calories burnt
- Long battery life of up to thirty days
- Heart rate monitor
- GPS enabled
- Blue tooth connectivity
- Relatively cheap compared to other brands with the same features
- Water resistant
- Competition from bigger brands
Verdict On Huami Amazfit Bip
This watch is one of the best for teens due to its numerous features and trendy look. Teens would also love it due to its durability.
6. Kurio Watch 2.0 – Best Smartwatch for Teens
This is a very attractively priced watch that has games and apps that can be connected with other Kurio watches for two-player fun. It has blue tooth connectivity which enables the sharing of messages and pictures. It has a camera that can take selfies and also video recording. It has a music player and a small internal memory that can keep some songs. It also has filter effects and frames which enable one to edit photos. This watch is very durable and scratch resistant. It has other smartwatch features including alarm, calculator, stopwatch and calendar. It also has an activity tracker.
This watch also has an emergency app that allows the parent to enter relevant medical information like allergies and emergency contacts. It goes for about USD 45-50 in Amazon.
- Music player
- Emergency app
- Video recording and camera
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Scratch proof and durable
- Apps and games that can be shared
- Alarm,activity tracker,stopwatch,calendar,calculator
- Not fully water resistant. It can only endure splashes.
Verdict On Kurio Watch 2.0
Very suitable for kids and young teens due to its colorful nature.
7. tencent kids smartwatch – Kids Smart watch Phone
Tencent Qwatch supports 2 G data plan using a nano sim. It has the ability to make calls and text. Due to its multi functions it is also called Kids Smartwatch Phone.
It is also GPS enabled which can be used for tracking. One thing that sets this watch aside is the SOS feature that sense emergency message to connected family members.
It also has a pedometer, alarm, weather class mode, text message, group chat, voice message, and photo capture. Tencent Kids smartwatch is available on Amazon.
- Best Kids Smartwatch with GPS: GPS tracking which makes it easier to track a person
- SOS feature backing GPS for emergency messages
- Uses sim card which supports two-way communication
- Parental control feature which enables a parent to track content
- Pedometer to track activity and work out
- Tencent Kids smartwatch has reminder and alarm features
- Water resistance. It is splash proof.
- Inbuilt camera
- Not fully water resistant cannot be submerged.
- Colors appeal mostly to young kids.
Verdict On Tencent Qwatch
This watch is suitable for young kids though it is a bit expensive when on a budget.
8. Leapfrog Leapband – Best Smartwatch for Teenager
This watch is very suitable for young kids and teens since it has an activity tracker preloaded with 50 ongoing challenges with unlockable characters. This makes kids more engaged and very active. Thee leapfrog band also comes in very attractive colors and designs which appeals more to kids and teens. It is highly water resistant. This watch boasts of being the best in creating the habit of being active that is doing activities thus promotes good health. Leapfrog Leapband is the best smartwatch for teenager that is found in Amazon.
- Water resistant
- Active parental control
- Preloaded with 50 active challenges
- It is a fun activity tracker.
- It is not very sleek.
Verdict On Leapfrog Leapband
Watch is very suitable for young teens and kids due to its look and features.
9. Greasmart – Best Smartwatch For Teens on a Tight Budget
This is one of the cheapest phones available on Amazon and is specially made for kids and teens. It goes for about 42-50 USD
It has a lot of useful features including a flashlight, camera, voice messages, calls, and reminders. It also supports two-way communication since it has a slot for a micro sim card although it does not function with all carriers. It also has a GPS +LBS locating system which is backed by SOS.
- Sim card functions with limited networks
Verdict On Greasmart
Very suitable for both kids and teens when on a tight budget
10. Amazing for Less – Best Smartwatch for 10 year old Kids
- It has a capacitative touch screen.
- The pedometer that tracks activity
- Supports sim card and works stand alone
- You can make and receive phone calls from the wrist.
- Phone notifications, camera, and control and music control from the wrist
- Not very sleek
Verdict On Amazing for Less
It is an very affordable watch for teenagers with an incapacitate touch screen with many features.
Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Smartwatch for Teenagers
Having gotten all these watches and their features, I would recommend Huami Amazfit Bip for a teenager. This is because of its sleek look. Teenagers like trendy things. It is also full of fun features that keep teens very engaged and active. This watch has many features that more sophisticated brands have yet very affordable. On a tight budget, I would recommend Tencent Q watch which has outstanding features too for teens but is cheaper.
For younger teens and kids above the age of five, I would recommend Vtech Kidizoom DX2 on a tight budget and Garmin Vivofit Jr2 on a flexible budget. These watches are bright and colorful for young teens. They also have a simpler interface that is easy to use.